Are you growing or raising your own food?

Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Dins

CPE came over to supper much to my wife's chagrin - not that she doesn't love him. The ulterior motive was my need of help with the garden. We put down the weed cloth and spread the mulch and are now ready to plant, baby.

On to supper - teriyaki london broil and sesame asparagus cooked over mesquite chunks.

Teriyaki Marinade

low sodium soy sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
juice of 1 lemon

Mix over medium heat and cool. Marinate london broil for at least 2 hours. Grill over mesquite chunks until desired doneness.

Sesame Asparagus

2 cloves minced garlic
Toasted sesame oil
asparagus

Mix and let set for 20 minutes - grilled to desired doneness - I prefer the crisped quicky!



Collin has been working on the wine for his wedding in August. The Flying Cloud has been one of his choices - anyone have any experience with this vino? I really enjoyed it - full, fruit-forward and completely enjoyable with the teriyaki steak. They are doing a surf/turf type deal so I might need to try it again...



Off to bed I go - satiated and content!

No comments: