Are you growing or raising your own food?

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Garden Update









Summer's rain has our gardens growing with little restraint! The tomatoes are rocking, the herbs are growing as fast we can use them and the corn is well above "knee high by the 4th of July!" I am looking forward to getting this first zucchini on the grill and hoping that I will be "suffering" from the abundance of squash that helped my grandmother perfect her muffin recipe when I was a little kid.

It appears that the birds enjoy hanging out in the garden - I don't think they are really doing any damage as they are probably just keeping the plants bug-free, but I am thinking of putting up a fence as there was some sort of creature that ran through and tore up the weed material. My guess is a deer as the tracks were pretty crisp - damn deer.

No comments: